- 12-Sep-2012 : Volubill and Orange Corporate Explore the Role of Policy Management in Managing Data Services at TM Forum Africa Summit
- 05-Sep-2012 : Volubill’s Solutions Highlighted in Two Telecommunications Industry Reports from Gartner Research
- 24-Aug-2012 : Volubill’s Charging and Policy Management Innovation Highlighted in TM Forum Webinar
- 01-Aug-2012 : Volubill’s Expertise in Designing Next-Generation Mobile Data Use Cases Highlighted in New TM Forum ‘Policy Everywhere’ Report
- 26-Jun-2012 : Volubill Launches VBS 6.0 for Converged Charging and Policy
- 22-Jun-2012 : Volubill Named as a Leading Convergent Charging Software Provider by Infonetics Research
Posted on 04-Apr-2011
Volubill Edge Offload enables operators to leverage the benefits of policy control and charging technologies at the network edge for essential reductions in network traffic congestion and increases in customer satisfaction.
“Initial methods used to deal with the telecom industry's capacity crunch problems were quite basic and reactionary, only somewhat benefitting operators and providing little incentive for customers to use networks more sustainably,” commented Peter Flynn, VP Product, Volubill.
He continues, “More sophisticated strategies that benefit both operators and subscribers are near on the horizon, but policy and charging solutions must continue evolving to exact every bit of potential. With Edge Offload, we are giving operators a one-of-a-kind tool to leverage most effectively and efficiently the powerful policy and charging technologies needed to realign operators' cost models with customers' quality expectations.”
- Policy-controlled traffic offloading and traffic shaping strategies are increasingly viewed by operators as vital solutions to the capacity crunch.
- Volubill Edge Offload™ is a network optimization solution enabling selective shaping, prioritization and offload of mobile data traffic at the network edge.
- Uses 3GPP-compliant standards and infrastructure-agnostic architectures for non-intrusive policy management, charging, segmenting and personalization of services.
- When harnessed to a centralized core policy management system, such as Volubill's CONTROL IT™ Policy Manager, Volubill Edge Offload provides a complete solution that delivers infrastructure cost savings, reduction of network congestion, and increased subscriber QoE.
- Edge Offload creates an exchange at the edge of the network that shapes and routes traffic locally to the nearest Internet, cache or content delivery network (CDN), delivering content that customers want faster.
- Norbert Scholz, Research VP, Network and Communications Equipment, Gartner:
“Operators are looking to shape and offload as much traffic as possible to protect network resources and increase customer satisfaction. If these functions can be done at the network edge and as close to the subscriber as possible, they will yield greater benefits for the operator by freeing up even more capacity. Ultimately subscribers will enjoy improved connection speed and quality.”
- Download the Volubill Edge Offload solution datasheet
- Visit the VOLUME blog for further insights on the evolution of traffic shaping and offload strategies at http://blog.volubill.com/
- For more information on Volubill Edge Offload, other Volubill products and solutions, or to speak with a Volubill representative, visit www.volubill.com.
Volubill provides policy management, policy enforcement and charging solutions to telecommunications service providers. With the exponential growth in the volume of mobile data traffic and increasing customer expectation, Volubill's solutions enable operators to maximize revenues, and eliminate revenue leakage and fraud whilst delivering a personalized service experience. Volubill's CHARGE IT™ and CONTROL IT™ manage bandwidth based on subscriber and service centric usage policies & quotas; offer real-time granular charging for any data, content, VoIP or messaging service; and enable service providers to differentiate themselves through innovation. Volubill is global, with over 80 operator customers worldwide.
Volubill Press Enquiries:
+1 617 960 9875
+44 7879 441304